Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

London Correspondence: Jack the Rippe... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper & the Irish Press (Sharp, 2005) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3160
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper & the Irish Press
Alan Sharp
Ashfield Press, February 2005
ISBN: 1901658 45 7

Provisional publication date is 7 February 2005. More info to follow.
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3176
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Alan

Many congratulations on the appearance of your book. It looks great!

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Alan,
what was that, your book is out in feb??
Cheers
Jenni

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 762
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone

London Correspondence, as many of you are aware, is published by a small Irish publisher, and will be distributed in that country only. The book is released on February 7th.

For those of you who do not live in Ireland (pretty much all of you I guess), I have just published a website through which you can purchase the book directly from me.

http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/

The published price is £11.99 + p&p, and there are credit card ordering facilities on the site, as well as a postal address if you prefer to order that way. The site is fairly basic at the moment, but I hope to improve it as I go along, it was just important to get something up and running to start with.

All copies of the book ordered through the site before the end of April will be signed.

Regards

Alan
"Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 773
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the books have arrived, and the first copies were posted out today. Unfortunately I severely miscalculated on the postage (the book is a lot heavier than I thought it would be), so I'm going to have to recalculate and increase. So, anyone intending to order, consider the next few hours until I can get the site updated a "sale"!

Anyone who is going to the C&D on Saturday, I will have copies to sell there.
"All I know of morality, I learned from football" - Albert Camus
Visit my website - http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume you'll be honoring the agreed upon price for those of us who've already ordered? I'm glad to hear the books are in, as I'm anxious to read it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 774
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 2:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Naturally. And as said, anyone who ordered before I put the new rates on the site at about 11 last night. Yours was among those that went out yesterday Tom. By air-mail it should take 3-5 days to reach you.
"All I know of morality, I learned from football" - Albert Camus
Visit my website - http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan,

Sweet. You've warmed me up for the book with your piece in Ripper Notes (I just posted my review of the new issue). I'll be reading it right after Chisholm's new book. I've been backed up! Got about two big stacks, but I'm pushing yours to the front and looking forward to it. Congratulations on actually having written a book, let alone see it published. Many dream of it, few do it, so my hat's off.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Alex Chisholm
Police Constable
Username: Alex

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 8:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I manage to take a look at the Casebook Message Boards for the first time in weeks, only to find that Mr Wescott and I no longer appear to be on first name terms. I am distraught.

Just to keep on topic, I’m sure Alan’s “London Correspondence” will make fascinating reading. It is definitely on the top of my must get list.

Best Wishes
alex

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.