Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Get off the suspect list! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » General Discussion » Get off the suspect list! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 23, 2003Gary Alan Weatherhea25 6-23-03  10:43 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monty
Detective Sergeant
Username: Monty

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary,

Vapors?? An American spelling I presume.

I have indeed returned to my senses after Leannes unitentional effect upon my constitution.

I apologise for my episode and hope that I have not offended anyone with my 'turn'.

And I thank you for your concern Mr Weatherhead.

Monty
:-)

PS...good to see you back mate !

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Sergeant
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Monty

Of course your spelling would be vapours. My Grandmother would give me a swift kick in the behind for that blunder.

Stay Well
Gary

Leanne Perry
Inspector
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 463
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

I haven't visited this board for ages, and just found out that my post on Friday June 13 was misunderstood. Let me explain:

I read the Diary about five years ago, and that was the start of my interest in Jack the Ripper. As it was the only Ripper book I'd read, I thought that it was authentic.

I next read Paul Feldman's 'The Final Chapter', Bruce Paley's 'Simple Truth', Evans and Gainey's 'First American Serial Killer', then typed into my search Engine: 'Jack the Ripper'. I stumbled on 'Casebook', found out about 'Ripperoo' and the interest here, and haven't stopped buying then reading books and writing articles about Jack ever since.

I soon discovered that the Diary wasn't authentic, so turned back to Bruce Paley's 'Simple Truth', which I thought was well researched and made a lot of sense. No one here has been able to convince me otherwise!

I didn't mean that Paley's theory was the 2nd best and that Diary crappppp is still No.1! I meant that when I was dumb and uneducated about this case, it presented another good theory and now that I know a lot of facts, it's still a good theory! .....Understand now? Sorry for giving you the vapors/vapours!

LEANNE

Leanne Perry
Inspector

Post Number: 464
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Because I believed in 'The Diary' when it claimed to be authentic and it was the first and only JtR book I'd read, (before I got educated), doesn't that explain why the 'Royal Conspiracy theory' and the 'Walter Sickert theory' are popular on the favourite suspect list on the main Casebook?

LEANNE

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LEANNE and Gary

LEANNE,

Relax.....I understood to begin with. I was just over acting....I mean reacting.

Gary,

My Nan would have just beaten me to within a inch of my life......ah the good old days !!

Monty

Leanne Perry
Inspector

Post Number: 469
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Monty,

Awwww you just wanted an excuse to use that long clipart image thing with the open mouth, didn't ya?

LEANNE

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LEANNE

You've sussed me out...its a fair cop !

Monty

Alan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I havent been frequenting the boards much of late so I've obviously missed something. What finally came to light to prove the diary was fake?

Has there been new evidence come to light or is it just another example of self opinionated people stating their views as fact. (Which is the main reason I havent been frequenting the boards much of late)

Alan

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 138
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan,

Right, lets have it out.....cos Im confused....which is not hard for a guy like me.

There has been no evidence thats come to light proving the diary is a fake so therefore the diary is original.

Is that where we are at ??

If so then why cant we turn it around and state that there has been no evidence come to light proving the diary is the real deal so therefore its a fake ?

Doesnt work eh ?

No wonder Im confused...so which is it..tomato or tomato ?

Until the evidence does come to light then people surely have the right to their opinions.

If they pass it off as fact then relax, we know different....as we did when Ms Cornwell entered our world with her 'cased solved'

Either way, its no reason to stay away from these boards and deprive people like me, who enjoy your precense and your valued input.

Chill,
Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Alan,

You're right - what you read was indeed 'just another example of self opinionated people stating their views as fact'.

Monty, the naughty boy with the overactive imagination, put the words 'so therefore the diary is original' into your mouth. No, this is not 'where we are at'. All you did was ask a reasonable question regarding what Leanne had 'discovered' that you thought you may have missed.

This kind of thing is one reason I do frequent the boards. I am fascinated to see how people can become contortionists when it suits. Some would need smelling salts to cope with a statement like 'I soon became convinced that the Ripper was Walter Sickert' (and would have the screaming abdabs to see 'I was an uneducated simpleton until I discovered that Sickert was obviously Jack'). Yet, when someone says they have 'discovered' the truth about the diary, when all they really mean is that they believe they know the truth, anyone who queries such a statement is immediately jumped on and assumed to have an opinion that must be way off the mark, even though no opinion has even been expressed!

With the blessed diary, we end up with the totally illogical situation whereby someone is defended for stating opinion as fact (they have a right to their opinions until the evidence comes to light and if their opinions are stated as fact, relax, because everyone does it), while someone else is criticised for an opinion that has been thrust upon them.

By Monty's own argument, until the evidence comes to light to prove the diary's true origins, you, Alan, would have a right to your own opinion, if you care to tell us what it is.

Love,

Caz

Alan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,
No I dont think that is where we are at. Until evidence comes to light one way or the other then we simply dont know. Of course we all have opinions but that is all they are. Anyone who thinks differently would be much better off spending their time in Ladbrokes, William Hill's or Las Vegas.
Actually they wouldnt, if they had to put money down each time they had an opinion it would probably be a great lesson in reality for them.
I personally find the idea of the diary a bit mind blowing, but if it is indeed a forgery then what a piece of work it is. After all these years and all of these "experts" in every field from graphology to Victorian inks still unable to prove it a hoax. Surely such a talent would have sought some recognition.

Regards

Alan

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan, Caz,

Alan,

Im glad thats not where we're at.

But if people dont want a lesson in reality then there is not much we can do about it, apart from making statements giving reasons why we dont hang around here. Which gets us where ?

My point, which was missed, is I would hate to think you are not frequenting the boards simply because of the self opinionated.

I just feel that it would be a shame, thats all. As Caz mentions, you have a right to voice your opinions and Im certain Im not the only one that would like to hear them.

Caz,

Naughty boy ?? Overactive imagination ?? I guess its off to bed with no supper for me then !!

Am I included in the contortionism quip ?? A complement given by the boards own Ali Baba.

I wasnt jumping on Alans anything. My only gripe was his reluctance to frequent these boards because of someones belief that the diary is a fraud without any evidence (stop for breath).

Again, my point was missed.

Deliberate ?? One gets used to it.

But thats just my opinion...if Im allowed to have one.

Love

Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector

Post Number: 175
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

If you and I were contortionists, we could live alone and never leave the house.

And I wouldn't have missed your point for the world. Mine was that you assumed Alan's question about the diary indicated an opinion that it was genuine because it hadn't been conclusively proved otherwise. Fortunately, even if Alan missed your point, he did stick around to correct the assumption and offer his own opinions.

Your point would have got all the attention it deserved if you hadn't put it right at the end of your post and kicked off with a statement that completely missed the point of Alan's original question.

You see, you don't have to get used to it - you can sort it. It's in your own hands.

Love,

Caz

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy Caz,

Hey, then dont jump to assumptions. It may be miscontruded as contortionism.

Alans diary remark made me query why he worded it that way. I wanted to know where he stood....and yeah, he answered me....and corrected my assumption with a very good post. But what concerned me more was his statement that he doesnt hang around here because of they way certain people are. That I thought was a shame and said so.

I build my posts as I read others. I started with the diary (as did Alan) and ended with Alans reasons for not being here so often (again, as did Alan)

Your right, tis in my hands and, as far as Im concerned, its been sorted. End of.

But in future perhaps I shall make my points in bold type...just to make things easier.

I do hope the lesson endith here

Take care precious,
Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector

Post Number: 182
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

Yep, I'm also a great believer in The Walker Brothers' message: 'Make it Easy on Yourself'.

(She goes, scratching her head and trying to recall what assumptions she jumped to during this dialogue.)

Love,

Caz

Monty
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

"And I wouldn't have missed your point for the world. Mine was that you assumed Alan's question about the diary indicated an opinion that it was genuine because it hadn't been conclusively proved otherwise. Fortunately, even if Alan missed your point, he did stick around to correct the assumption and offer his own opinions."

You assumed that was my point. It wasnt, I was querying why it Alan worded it that way.

I shall wait for your inevitable reply.

But for me...its time for peace.

Love
A tired Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

Thanks for the memory jog. Get someone to give you a good old massage - you sound like you could do with one.

Love,

A perky Caz

Monty
Inspector

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perky Caz,

Is that an offer ??!!

Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 5:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't be a fool, Monty (fool monty - get it?)

I'm getting myself off the suspect list - I don't do massages. This is one area where I believe it's better to receive than to give.

Love,

Caz

Monty
Inspector

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

I cant stand 'em....beer does a better job for me !

Monty

Chris Michetti
Detective Sergeant
Username: Pl4tinum

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

Beer only massages the gut! Who will massage the rest?
Chris

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's face it American's cut up the English langage like Jack the Ripper did his victims. We took the U's out of most common words like COLOUR and made it COLOR. I'm from Houston, Texas and I hate it when some hill-billy from some cow-patty farm says TATERS instead of POTATOS. AGH! Oh don't get me started... Please? I like the old English nobody speaks anymore myself but it's dead. He, he! But soft, thy heart grows cold from tho crude English/American slang.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.