Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Ripperologist: Issue 62 (December 200... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Periodicals » Ripperologist » Ripperologist: Issue 62 (December 2005) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eduardo Zinna
Detective Sergeant
Username: Eduardo

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 6:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jpeg image

RIPPEROLOGIST No.62(DECEMBER 2005)

In the first article in the first issue of the new Ripperologist, Children of the Ripper: The Killing of Catrine da Costa, Jan Bondeson examines the brutal murder of a young Portuguese prostitute in modern-day Stockholm, its analogies with the Ripper murders and the controversial reaction of Swedish society. The cast includes two doctors accused of the crime, a vengeful divorcée, a handful of psychiatrists, several journalists at opposite ends of the political spectrum, a former Nazi collaborator and a Ripper theorist.

After a long absence, Simon B Wood, the original debunker of the conspiracy theories of Stephen Knight and Joseph Gorman Sickert, returns to Ripperology with The Enigmas of Millers Court. He scrutinizes the evidence collected from Mary Jane Kelly’s last abode, makes you see the murder scene photographs as you had never seen them before and reaches some startling but cogent and compelling conclusions.

Rob Hills opens a special section devoted to a once familiar street pedlar, the cat’s-meat man, with From the Bars of the Cradle, an update on his own Ripper suspect. StanLey D Reid follows suit with Mr Ripper or Master Ripper?, where he uncovers a suspect who may have been hiding in plain sight all along. The section is completed by impressions of cat’s-meat men from the Victorian era to the 1920s by a variety of authors ranging from Henry Mayhew and James Greenwood to Hugh Lofting (of Dr Dolittle fame).

Adam Went, Amanda Howard and Antonio Sironi collaborate across several time zones in a wide-ranging account of the Whitechapel murders and a detailed analysis of the fascination still exerted by the Ripper from America to Oceania in Man of the Shadows: Jack the Ripper and the Tasmanian Press.

In A Last Long Journey: The St Saviour’s Story, Eduardo Zinna identifies the chapel whose majesty and beauty gave rise to one of the most enduring - and least plausible – Ripper legends.

Crime historian Wilf Gregg guides you through the latest additions to the True Crime shelf in his widely respected column On the Crimebeat.

We next invite Karyo Magellan to review the recent television programme on Prince Eddy, we mark the passing of Link Wray, who named one of his most memorable musical pieces for the Whitechapel murderer, we tell you all about the 2005 UK Ripper Conference at Brighton – who did what where - we bring you all the news in Ripperworld and beyond, we examine the latest developments in the saga of Wearside Jack and the Yorkshire Ripper, we publish your letters to Dear Rip, we furnish you with a listing of Ripper events to fill your social diary, we review for you the latest books – including The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs, By Ear and Eyes, East End Chronicles and more – as well as periodicals, recordings and films - and we alert you to all publications of interest, whether they are already in the bookshops or still receiving the final touches. To top it all, we give you Christopher-Michael DiGrazia, who, in his celebrated column The Last Word, evokes Mary Jane Kelly and recalls her durable mystery and her forgotten ghost.

The new Ripperologist is here: in living colour, lavishly illustrated and fully deserving of your attention.

SUBSCRIBE NOW: EMAIL US AT contact@ripperologist.info TO INQUIRE ABOUT SUBSCRIPTION RATES FOR ONE YEAR (12 ISSUES)
OR HALF A YEAR (6 ISSUES ).

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 465
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two Questions:

1) Is Rob Hills blackmailing one of the editors or something? Do you owe him money?

2) Will the issue be sent out today?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking forward to the story by Adam Went,Antonio and Amanda very much..

Likewise,Stan Reid's article on the man hiding in plain sight...sounds good.

Adam Went may be the youngest person to have ever had an article in print in the periodicals..I'm sure we will see many,many more. Adam has a good head on his shoulders. Adam proves that interest in the WM will be around for many years to come and also that age doesn't mean much.

I've been checking out Bill Beadle articles on Bury,as I hope to have MacPherson's book on Bury sometime soon [ on the advisement of Tom Wescott ]....and like Rob Hill's suspect,Hardiman, Bury was a cats meat man too.

Its funny,but up until Rob's article,I didn't know that cats meat men were so common in London....

I'm also interested in what the editors of Rip have to say,if they in fact do,about the issue of the "item" on that infamous table in Millers Court...

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 8:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the advisement of Tom Wescott, ey? You better watch out writing that stuff in public, Big H, if you want to maintain a measure of credibility. :-) I can guarantee two things about the MacPherson book: 1) you'll love his writing and the Bury info, and 2) the second part on the murders will have your head and eyes spinning.

As for the new Rip, I thought it was on it's way to us. Any idea when it's coming out?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3405
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No sign yet folks....................
In anticipation..............

Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5385
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got mine today. Looks great. The computer thing doesn't bother me really, but each to his own.

Robert

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3329
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have mine also.

It looks all colourful

Jenni
"trala-la-la-lala-la-la-lalal-la!"

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 468
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 2:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got mine as well, but it won't print out. If anybody else is having that problem, let me know. I'm anxious to read the Simon Wood piece.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3331
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mine prints

at least ive printed out page 49!

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 669
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 4:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I particularly welcome the announcement in issue #62 that a CD ROM of all the back issues of the Rip is in the works. That's great news.
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sir Bob:

And I'm bobbin' up and down myself...its terrific !

Where's Tom Wescott? Tom...read page 48,my man ,& see what Rob Hills says about the marks on Eddowes face. I didn't misread it the first time. You owe me a case of beer...

And while many are battling back and forth about the table in Kelly's room on a thread here on site...go to page 16 and see what no one has mentioned before !!!

In color,there's NO possibility of an argument [ for once ] about this item.

Hats off to the new format ..even Eduardo Zinna looks great in color...

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 469
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A CD-ROM of ALL the Rip back issues is in the works? Great. The complete collection of magazines I've managed to assemble just depreciated in value 70%.

I finally got mine to print. We have a new printer at work and it was not yet set up for Adobe, but it's printed now.

Howard,

Rob Hills is a freak. I haven't read his new article yet, but I'm hoping it makes more sense than his previous ones. ESPECIALLY since it garnered him a cover story, for some ungodly reason.

Regarding the new issue, it looks great on my screen. Awesome colors. Wouldn't you know my printer at work has only black and white ink! :-(

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 452
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 5:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Tom,

If your printer only has black and white ink you have a very rare printer!

Bob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3408
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 6:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO SIGN YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in an.............ti...................ci........................................pation!!!!

Suzi

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3334
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom, Bob,

if you put in green paper it would have black and green ink.

Still munching my way through mine here

(munching!?)

Jenni

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3335
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 8:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ps the marks on eddowes face?

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3409
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ploughing through the cats meat article.Good fun!! Got neck ache though!

Suzi

ARR
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 1:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In 1988 he spotted the letters daubed on the wall of Kelly's room that had been missed by everyone else, including the police at the time.

Now Simon Wood is back - and he's spotted the 16-piece dinner service, lady's vanity mirror, hunting knife and dangling entrails from the ceiling in Kelly's room, that have been missed by us all before, and by the police at the time.

Freak In
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Tom

Are you saying that i am a bearded laydeee with a travelling circus?

FREAK OUT!!

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1242
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear ARR:

Do you have a copy of the issue or have you seen the photo?

Thank you..

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3340
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How,

I have a copy. And I must say - don't really see it.

Esp the hand mirror or the bowl!

Jenni
"it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you"

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3411
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's Good-------!!

BUT-- am going to have to sneak into work to print this lot off to read in bed!!!!!

Suzi

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector

Post Number: 472
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob and Jenn,

Hardy hardy freakin' har har! You got me! Okay, my printer only has BLACK ink. Better? :-)

Rob Hills in da hizz-house! We've got a celebrity here, folks. The legendary Rob Hills has checked in under the name 'Freak in'. Stick around, Rob, I'll be doing a review of the new issue once I've had a chance to read it. So, how much DOES Paul Begg owe you, anyway?

Currently, I'm working up a piece for the next Ripper Notes. It'll be all about Liz Stride, folks. Two-parter if all works out.

As for reviews, after the last Rip I'd decided not to do any more, which is why I didn't review the last Ripper Notes, which was pretty damn good, just for the record. But once I saw the new Rip stuck in my Spam Filter, I became inspired. :-)

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3416
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 6:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom-

Er I lost my grip on the English language there!!

Suzi :/

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well,since Tom doesn't want to make mention of this excellent and jam packed issue...I will....for what its worth.

I sent this in to Ripperologist's letters to the editor already. So don't accuse The Rip of lifting this post.

Kudos on an issue worthy of high praise for its content and appearance !

First of all, a tip of the hat to ROB HILLS for his continuing research into James Hardiman. Hardiman's family story is filled with tragedy after tragedy. Hardiman was surrounded and possibly overwhelmed by madness in his own family....epileptics,syphlitics,meningitis, premature death on a yearly basis,etc.

While Mr.Hills does not mention if Hardiman had syphilis, the wife of Hardiman undoubtedly passed on syphilis to their child who died after living for approximately one year. Its quite possible that the sort of syphilis that Mrs.Hardiman had was not contagious to James,although it would be to any offspring. Like Mr.Hills, I have an interest in the concept that a syphlitic [even in the tertiary stage years after contracting it ] may be behind the murder skein regardless of which suspect [with syphilis] had it.

I look forward to someone discovering what Hardiman was incarcerated for in 1881 [ at this time, research having failed to do so ]. He was 22 when put into Wandsworth Common.

I really enjoyed the chronological work Rob set up and elaborated upon. Like the work Ivor Edwards did with Stephenson, Rob makes it easier for us to examine a suspect in this way and allows for additions/subtractions to the chronologies in the future based on subsequent investigations.

Equally impressive were the sidebars of information placed by Mr. Hills. For instance,these three facts.....

In London on an annual basis....5200 TONS of cats meat were sold !!! 200,000 lbs. per week ! And yet people were living on threadbare diets and often starving. It was good to be a cat.....

One woman,alone,an eccentric no doubt,purchased 14 lbs of the meat DAILY.

William Hardiman, the younger brother of James, was also known as Walter in his youth.

I enjoyed Rob's article very much and look forward to more on this tragic family who had not one, but two people who are examined in the first on-line Ripperologist Magazine.

The second story on a Hardiman connection,by Mr. Stan Reid was short and sweet and succinct. Mr. Reid posits the theory that a younger than previously suspected candidate for the crimes might have been at work. William Hardiman,16 [ and also referred to as Walter...see Mr.Hills story ] is Mr. Reid's choice as the perpetrator of the crimes.

Recently on Casebook, threads which the writer and envelope-pushing theorist A.P.Wolf has been spearheading opted for a less than mature Ripper and although not specifying a target/suspect, has opened up new areas for consideration. The Youth Angle is one that can't be dismissed too easily. Young master Hardiman was surrounded by all the gore most of us in 10 lifetimes haven't been,never will, and at an early age as well. Mr. Reid steps up to the plate and presents the example of Jesse Pomeroy [ one murder short of sk status,but no doubt heading for such a tag ] who fortunately was apprehended after his second murder.

Without presenting a criticism of Mr.Reid's story,which I liked, young serial killers seldom kill older victims,usually dispatching those of their own age group or younger. That's not etched in stone, but worth remembering as the first four victims of the WM were old enough to be William's mother. Yet,they were available and they wouldn't turn down doss money from willing patrons either. Hopefully,we will be reading more from Mr. Reid in the future.

On to the triumvirate of Went,Sironi,and Howard. Antonio Sironi has an eye for details for sure and applies that observant eye to the piece started by Adam Went [ also the same age as William Hardiman,but thankfully heading into another direction ! ]. Antonio's work on Hanbury Street in previous writings [ at the Rip and elsewhere ] have been good food for thought...and now with the Lawende/Levy and Goulston Street graffiti segment of the article. Adam provides the reader with the Tasmanian press reports which further illustrate the world wide interest in this case involving prostitute murder [ as an example of how this does not characterize modern interest,perhaps due to the larger number of these types of killers, here in my city,someone murdered 5 women within a year and it has completely disappeared from newspapers or the public's interest ] tens of thousands of miles away.

One particular comment made in the Mercury, a Tasmanian paper from the day, just 4 days after the Kelly murder was the disclosure that blacks [ Africans] were being considered in assisting in the hunt for the Ripper [according to the Times from where the Mercury in surprisingly rapid speed lifted this information from ]. One can imagine the sight of Africans wandering through the East End attempting to "track down" the elusive killer.

The addition of Tasmanian press accounts to the number already accounted for is a welcome addition. Hopefully,we will hear more from Adam,Amanda and Antonio in the future.

In closing,the article by Mr. Simon Wood, the originator of the "F.M." found on MJK's wall [ Mr. Wood acknowledges that he made a "mistake" with his previous effort...something some people don't take into consideration.]..put together a story which speculates that there was a cover-up at 13 Millers Court. In addition,he also posits that a knife can be seen on the table inside Kelly's room. This I can see. However,the statement that entrails,not light,are hanging from the ceiling are beyond my ocular capabilities.

Another element to the story,which was illuminating to me,was the reference made in the Irish Times that two members of the Royal Irish Constabulary visited Millers Court three days after the murder.... [ Having read Alan Sharp's excellent, JTR and The Irish Press , I didn't recall this being mentioned, although I do remember how one Irish paper gloated on how the Irish police,unlike the British, were not engaged in hunting savages on the streets...]. This may have been an excursion conducted by British authorities to allow the visiting Irish to see what the English were facing. A noteworthy mention nonetheless by Mr. Wood.

All in all,an excellent issue. Mr. Zinna's historical discourse on St. Saviours and Mr. Bondeson's article on the Portugese prostitute were also new and entertaining.

Hopefully Chris Scott will be back for the next month's issue.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3425
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could see the 'knife'????

oh..
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3426
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bottle!???

some kind of mirror????

plate????????

still maybe I need to read it again
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"

Thomas C. Wescott
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's not that I don't wish to comment on the article, but that I haven't had a chance to read it yet! I read the usual stuff, the funny review of Ripper Notes, which indicates that Dan Norder's achievement in editing the mag is even MORE impressive for the fact that he's doing it with only one hand (the other being in a patting motion behind his back)! The reason I haven't read it through yet is simply that I've been busy researching and writing an article for the next Ripper Notes, and have been reserving my night-time reading for stuff other than Jack, for the most part. I read about half the Simon Wood article, but then started to feel dizzy - probably from a contact high from whatever Simon was burning at the time he wrote the article. Incidentally, the "knife" on the table, if it is anything at all, is probably the half-candle in a ginger beer bottle as depicted in a press illustration that I feel to be one drawn from sight since it mirrors her room from what we can see in the picture. And it shows such a candle in a bottle. Just a thought. The idea that Abberline and, indeed, everyone else there that day, was involved in such a career-ending cover-up is simply preposterous.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3429
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom

the 'knife' on the table is part of Mary Kelly

I don't want to be funny with Simon or whatever i enjoyed his article etc etc,

but its not a knife - lets be realistic

Jenni

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom:

Well...it looks like a knife.

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone was involved in a conspiracy,but was being honest in that I didn't need to read the caption that accompanied the photo. You and the Peggster might be ganging up on me here...but it does look similar to an Arkansas toothpick.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3431
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard,

I would never be in the same gang as Tom ;-) dont worry!!

All i'm saying is that I dont think it looks like a knife - it has a break in it, doesnt it?
Jenni

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 2273
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi How
The Press Trawl will be back next issue and thanks to all well wishers - feeling much improved
Chris

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1322
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris:

Its good to see you post that. Glad to see you feeling better,amigo !

Thomas C. Wescott
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 520
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, by the way, guys. Paul Begg thought that my last post (about Dan Norder's back-patting) might leave the impression with some that the Rip gang were bagging on Dan Norder's editorial abilities with their recent review of Ripper Notes. It was not my intention to leave this impression (If I indeed did). They weren't suggesting anything bad about his skills, they just think he boasts too much. Ha ha. I don't know that I agree with that, but to each his own.

Chris,

Woo-hoo! Glad to hear the Press Trawl is returning (hopefully sans Sir John) and that you're feeling better. Hopefully better than ever! But now that it's monthly, are you gonna be able to keep up with that kind of schedule? Maybe you could have an alternating column. Press Trawl one issue, census findings on pertinent peeps the next. Just a thought.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3468
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

glad to see you are back

Jenni
"The sun'll come out,Tomorrow,So ya gotta hang on Til tomorrow, Come what may"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.