Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Ripperologist - Now Searchable by Key... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Periodicals » Ripperologist » Ripperologist - Now Searchable by Keyword « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3282
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to Adam Wood, Paul Begg and the rest of the staff of Ripperologist magazine, you can now perform keyword searches online on the full-text of (nearly) every issue ever printed. This tool will provide issue numbers, page numbers and short contextual quotes for every keyword match.

Give it a try at:

http://casebook.org/ripper_media/book_reviews/periodicals/ripperologist.search.html

You will need access to actual hard-copies of Ripperologist magazine in order to get the most out of this tool, so why not subscribe now?

(Note that five issues currently have yet to be indexed - I'll be working on getting these properly indexed over the next several weeks. We've currently got the full-text of 2,220 pages indexed from 56 different issues of Ripperologist.)
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 971
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a really terrific resource--thank you, Adam, Paul, and Stephen for making it available to us.

Dave

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 5:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome awesome awesome.

A great tool.

Well done everyone involved.

Monty
:-)
...and I said: "My name is 'Sue!' How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!"

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4747
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 5:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Awesome awesome awesome".

Monty, when your comment gets published in the next Rip, anyone searching for the word "awesome" should be OK.

Oops, I've done it too.

Robert

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1813
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 6:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob,

Yep. Guess ol Monty will be in the next issue after all.

Lap it up Adam....lap it up son !

Monty
:-)
Now you're gonna die!!"

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, this is cool. If you type in 'crap' you'll see all my stuff. Put in 'hot stud' and up comes Howard Brown. Type in 'really old guy' and it directs you to Wilf Gregg's columns. Punch in 'go to hell' and you get Ripper Notes reviews. Go figure.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 4:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Tom,

You're right.

I pumped in 'stoned' and low and behold....

Monty

Now you're gonna die!!"

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 422
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

Ha ha! That's hilarious!

Yours truly,

Tom

John Ruffels
Inspector
Username: Johnr

Post Number: 424
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Stephen,
For alerting us to the new Searchable "Ripperologist" base.A truly great advance for researchers.I use the Search facility on Casebook a lot.
Well done Adam and Paul and others.
One day, the whole world will be digitised. Till then, we plebs. must laboriously troll through the microfilm...Which is great when you finally make a discovery.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.