Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Spelling Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Letters and Communications » Spelling « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liam WW
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

im not sure if this has been mentioned before as im a new member but it strikes me as that if the dear boss saucy jacky mr lusk (kinde)and from hell letters are real the first two seem to have relitively normal hand writing but the hand writing degrades as you continue through the letters as does the spelling any idea why this is? (if this as been mentioned before please feel free to delete this post but could you direct me to the other on this subject)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Eric Carter
Sergeant
Username: Archangel261973

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What you have to decide is which letters you're going to say are real. As I've looked at pictures of the original documents and read the letterI feel that the Dear Boss, Saucy Jack, and the letter sent on the sixth of October are from the killer the tone, writing, and feel of the letter are alike.

The Lusk and From Hell letters are the same. A letter was sent "From Hell" to Lusk does't have the same feel to it. Also there's the fact that Lusk himself thought that someone was after him and a man asked for Lusks address a day or two before he got the letter. From what I've read on the case and about the crime sceens Jack would have known where Lusk lived and most likly did, so I don't give the Lusk letter much credit.

As far as other letters they were more than likly copycats tring to copy one of the other letters.

Eric

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.