Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The four "ANNs" Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Druitt, Montague John » The four "ANNs" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

loepi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I writes here for the first time, although I already observe this side for 4 years.
I believe MJD is the Ripper .
Which was noticeable to me: up to Catherine Eddowes have the remaining 4 victims the names "Ann", "Annie" or "Anne":
Mary ANN Nicholls
Eliza ANNE(ANNIE)Chapmann
Elizabeth Stride aka ANNIE Morris (alleged)
Mary Jane Kelly aka Mary ANN Kelly

MJD wrote nevertheless which it like his mother ANN suicide commit should. Strange is it also, which leads an old MONTAGUE Street in the proximity and/or by the center of Whitechapel.
Together with the other indications a plausible theory nevertheless already results in. Which concerns the Cricket Games: can one be safe which it with all thereby was?
}

Holger Haase
Sergeant
Username: Holger

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Funny you mention it: For a long time I've noticed that a lot of girls in my life (including my fiancee) had an Anne in her name somewhere including a GiovANNa, and a Vicky (well: Victoria ANNE). My fiancee's boss' name is actually identical to hers: First AND last name! And there's a lady who owns a B&B across the street from us that has that name, too. I'm sure it means something alright. Probably that it's a darn common name. :-)

Holger

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 631
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Loepi,

You forgot Kate Eddowes other name, which was Mary Ann Kelly, same as Mary Jane's.

I didn't know about Liz's other name, thanks for mentioning it.

I have said this on some other threads about this name, but I think it was probably just a common name of the time.

Sarah

Loepi
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 8:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@ holger:

Hello, clearly that I also imagined, but if with all 5 victims the name Ann emerges somewhere is that already my opinion after more than a coincidence. Statistically seen already strangely. And something have the victims of series murderer always together (ok, it were prostitutes). HP: Apology for my English...

Dan Norder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Between how common Anne is as a name (I believe it's still the most common middle name of all) and the sheer number of aliases each of the victims had I don't consider the occurance of "Anne" or "Ann" showing up to be anything but a coincidence.

But then if it did turn out to be more than that, your theory would make a certain amount of sense. Of course the other suspects could (and probably do) have Anns in their lives that could have prompted them to kill as well.

wayne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 5:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think mjd is jack the ripper because during this time all the prostitutes were scared to go with anyone who looked dodgy they would much prefere to go with mjd than a big black bearded jew. alos he would wow them with charm money and his education.

but that is just my opionion

Phil Hill
Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 358
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 3:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who says all the Jews in the case (Kosminski, Cohen etc) were "big black bearded" men? In fact, beards were quite a norm in Britain, Europe and the USA in 1888 as was other facial hair in the form of pomaded moustaches, large sideburns etc. So a woman might not have been off-put as some say they are today.

Secondly these are prostitutes and penniless - they would probably go with anyone for doss-money. kelly - younger and prettier - might have been the exception.

If you read a surviving letter of Druitt's, by the way, he doesn't come across as being very charming - but as a rather pedantic, and dry academic, or even a rather stereotypical lawyer!!

Finally, did the women have an option - a choice between Monty Druitt and A N Other? What if MJD was never there? The women never had the choice you pose, did they?

I am not questioning Macnaghten's postulation of MJD as a candidate (he may have had grounds for that view that have disappeared or been destroyed); but we have no evidence Druitt was ever in the East End at the time.

You may be right that the murderer was a relative "toff" in social class terms. But where is the evidence?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.