Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Requesting Help for Jack the Ripper r... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » General Discussion » Requesting Help for Jack the Ripper research project « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carla Workman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My name is Carla Workman and I am a college student doing my final research project on Jack the Ripper suspects. If any of you have any information you could provide me with, either in a telephone or chat forum interview, or know of any experts I could contact relating to this research please respond. Include your name and email address please. Thank you.

Neil K. MacMillan
Detective Sergeant
Username: Wordsmith

Post Number: 70
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carla;
First and foremost, check these boards often. Second invest in a copy of "The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Companion" by Stewart P. Evans and Keith Skinner. I suggest going into the Pub talk section of these boards and ask to contact the following Martin Fido, Paul Begg,Messrs. Evans and Skinner. I believe most if not all of the above named gentlemen post on these boards regularly. If I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch with me here. The message will get to me. Martin Fido's theory is quite intriguing by teh way even though it's not the tack I'm taking in my novel. Kindest regards, Neil

Caroline Anne Morris
Chief Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 772
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Neil, Carla,

Martin Fido only tends to visit the boards when he’s not working. He hasn’t posted in a long while.

Neither has Paul Begg posted anything in ages.

I believe Stewart Evans may still be popping up now and again, but doesn't appear to be posting on a regular basis.

And Keith Skinner doesn’t post at all.

All, of course, can be contacted via their respective publishers.

Love,

Caz

(Message edited by Caz on February 25, 2004)

Ally
Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 302
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Martin only posts during the semester breaks and Paul Begg doesn't post. However, he (Paul)does read the boards quite frequently and shoots off emails on anything that catches his fancy to which he wishes to reply. Hmmm. Stewart hasn't posted in a while, but you can find him in the chatroom for a quick gab session now and again.

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 892
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like all them eminences you mention might be gods then?
Or sitting in 'em awaiting their stage direction?
They all jumped about like crickets on a hot plate in 1994 from what I remember.

Neil K. MacMillan
Detective Sergeant
Username: Wordsmith

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carla and all:
I hope that no one took my post to be all inclusive. I certainly had no such intention. Pretty much everyone I have had occassion to ask for information has provided it in abundance and in a very timely manner, Usually with a strong dose of good humor.
Hi Caz! Neil

Alan Sharp
Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 483
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Out of interest, I tried to send Carla some information but the email address she has given bounced. If you are still around Carla email me directly using the address on my profile and I will resend it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.