Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Website with detailed information lin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Sickert, Walter » Website with detailed information linking Sickert as Ripper « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, found a good website which details in great depth a lot of the information from Cromwell's book (for those who don't want to buy the book).

www.penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/patriciacornwell/portraitkiller_evid.htm

Just thought it was interesting for those who want to explore Sickert as possible suspect, even though the evidence has been deemed not that credible by experts.

Dan Norder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason wrote:
"even though the evidence has been deemed not that credible by experts."

We should start giving out Understatements of the Year awards. That'd be in the running for 2004. I wouldn't clear a spot in the trophy case yet though because there's still a lot of 2004 left.

Jason
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Dan:

I really don't think what you posted is funny.

I was trying to be impartial with the above statement. I have been interested in JtR as a mystery for some time now. I have just found this website but some people don't seem to be very fair or impartial on here but instead are mockingly derisive. I just don't see the point.
All you had to say was that you don't agree with my statement.

Anyways, take care

Jason

Sarah Long
Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 416
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really don't think what you posted is funny

Well I do!!

Opps, now he's going to go and say he didn't think what I said is funny!!

Jason,

We all know what you meant, it's just funny how you said that the evidence has been deemed "not that credible by experts". It was funny that's all as no expert takes her work seriously at all so it just made me, and obviously Dan, giggle to ourselves.

Sarah

Melissa McMahan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just something I have to say here, I hope none of you mind too much. Whoever Jack the Ripper was he hated hookers for some reason! JTR and other killers who have come after him have mental rage of some sort. I've studied many killers such as JTR, the Zodiac Killer, etc. There seems to be 3 kinds of these killers. Either it's sexual in some way, shape or form. Or it can spring from some sort of abuse or event. Or in some cases it has to do with seeking revenge that the killer believes is justice. The way Mary Kelly was slashed up is still the worst killing of rage I've ever seen. Some people think that the JTR case had to do with just keeping these women quiet for whatever reason. As a bit of a Freundian I would say since there was no sign of sexual contact but by way of a razor sharp knife, that JTR's MO was "SEXUAL" due to a problem he had in that area.

But did Sickert hate hookers for any reason? He is know to have painted hookers so he had one use for them.

I'm an artist, writer and poet. I say this not to brag but as a statement of fact. Most of us creative people do not fit into the so called "NORMAL" ways of life. Nor do we realy wish to do so. I'm also a "stalking victim" so I have a rather odd life. Sickert had some dark corners of his mind that came out in paintings. Does that make him Jack the Ripper? No! Alfred Hitchcock did some rather strange things but he didn't kill anyone. Well not that we know of in any case. I have writen and panited some rather morbid things myself. I would hate to think that someone would pin a crime on me just for having a dark side. I sure hope not in any event. If you wish to know more about my stalker or my works please E-mail me at... greenwaterpurpledirt@yahoo.com or you can check out my art website I'm still working on. Sorry my canvas oils are not there as yet. Like I said I'm still working on it. The URL is... http://melissamcmahan.tripod.com/

Here is a sample of my work and it's about Jack the Ripper.

~ Infamous 1888 ~

In the days of Victorian London
from the evil East End Quarter Mile
against dim flickering gas lit fog
down the dark cobblestone streets

A misogynist loathsome creature
struck in the middle of the night
his victims sadistically butchered
a ritual blood lust of saucy Jacky

From hell in blood red he taunted
made a game of a gruesome trade
his knife flashed like lightning
five poor harlots tolled the bell

Whitechapel shivered with fright
in the notorious autumn of terror
stalked a nightmare of shadows
Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack the Ripper

By Melissa McMahan - copywriten ©

Tommy Nilsson
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Melissa!

Being an artist myself I understand what you mean, we all have dark corners, what Jung called "the shadow" and art should of course deal with it.
To my eyes it´s more than that in Sickerts work, and it continues, year after year...why?
In any case, this is worth of an examination.

Regards, Tommy

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 870
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Melissa,

I don't know if you're still lurking about these boards but I think that was a very good poem.

Be careful though, you might get some people saying you must have gone back in time and committed the murders yourself for creating such a poem or in the least that you must be a murderer with that dark mind of yours!!

Sarah

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear boss, thank you for liking my JTR poem. Sorry about the slow reply. Been so busy but...

Yes! I confesss! I went back in time! I was Jack the Ripper! I killed them! Then I went forwards to Nov. 22ed 1963 and killed JFK on the Grassy Knoll. YES! Now the conspiracy theory about me has started... Right? I'm an artist so I must be a killer too! Come on Cornwell write about that!

Yes this dark sarcastic mind of mine is at it again. This is a joke of course... LOL!

I'm still lurking around when I get the chance. I'm not sure some people like my odd ideas though. However I think I better liked than Cornwell. I hope so anyway, that's really scary!

Artisticus
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"The Shadow Side is also the most creative side of us. If we didn't have the shadow side, the dark side, we'd lead a rather bland life or a destructive life because it will come out in one way or another." Sir Anthony Hopkins Silence Of The Lambs DVD doc

Portrait Of A Killer points out one glaring fact better than any other Ripper book does--and you don't have to be a frustrated artist to figure that out. (Sir Anthony, who played Adolf Hitler in The Bunker, did.):
When trying to understand any horrific or heinous crime, you look to Hitler. Hitler is the model of the madman,... a monster maybe, but not a freak--a paradigm. The touchstone of evil.

Jeff Potts
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sickert didn't just a do a few morbid things though....

MF
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sickert may have done only a few morbid things but that killer from the San Francisco Bay who quoted the Gilbert and Sullivan play, The Mikado and sewed his own costume did a few more.

"[He's not gay.] He takes on different personas."
Ted Levine talking about his character, Buffalo Bill, Silence of the Lambs, DVD special feature.

There's a name for people who take on different personas, and it's not schizophrenic!

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I haven't said much on these boards for ages I will say this. Sickert was not Jack the Ripper dammit!!

Ok, that's out of my system now.

Ta ra.

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

MF
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay Sarah, scratch Sick Dick! He wasn't frustrated anyway!
With Sick Dick out, that leaves us with only two major suspects with definite artistic talent, manifest by self or through a close relation:
1. J.K. Stephen
2. James Maybrick
(Sir Anthony, of course, was up for the latter role but the project was cancelled. I hope Tony wasn't too frustrated. Ha ha. Pffffft!)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.