Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

CGi Reconstruction Millers Court Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Barnett, Joseph » CGi Reconstruction Millers Court « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone

Thanks for all the help and contacts that you have sent me. We have already started filming and have created an excellent team thanks to your help.

We are currently building a virtual reality model of Millers Court. My model maker has already gained much information, again largely thanks to this site.

However there are cirtain details that we have been unable to obtain. Does anyone have specific ifo on the following?

1. The fire place in Kelly's bedroom. Aslo any other details about fixtures fittings etc. (sorry to sound like an estate agent)

2. Details about the gas light outside her door.

3. Details about the Dustbin, pump or drainage in the court yard.

4. If the walls were white washed up to first level at the time of the murder.

5. Any other facts or specific details about the site beyond what is listed on this site.

Hoping to create the most accurate reconstructions of the murder sites to date, so any help most greatfully received. hope eventually to make them generally available.

Yours Jeff Leahy

Have switched to broadband so please note that I have a differant email address

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 746
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff
This drawing of Kelly's room may help with the fireplace etc.
Regards
Chris

pic10

Suzi Hanney
Sergeant
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,
Great drawing! Where did it come from? Love the boots in front of the fire!!..they are boots aren't they..not feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love
suzi

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 780
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi
I have been unable to establish the origin of the drawing - it featured in a UK true crime documentary about the Whitechapel murders. I wrote to the TV company to see if they could let me know where the drawing came from but never received a reply!
regards
Chris

Suzi Hanney
Sergeant
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that! Why am I not surprised about your lack of reply!It's remarkable how spacious that 12x 12 room looks isn't it!!
Cheers
Suzi

Greg Hutton
Sergeant
Username: Greg

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 5:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff,

is this still in production, if so, how far has it progressed?

Regards,
Greg

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris, all,

An interesting drawing, although I feel that the room looks a bit large and -- as Suzi says -- spacious. Miller's Court 13 must have been a much more narrow and confined space. The artist has apparently not gotten the perspective quite right; I would say that the fireplace should be slightly closer to the bed and larger. The room also looks a bit too wide, with too much space between the windows (not seen in the picture) and the wall with the bed.

All the best

(Message edited by Glenna on June 27, 2004)
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.