Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Possible name for new female suspect Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » "Jill the Ripper" » Possible name for new female suspect « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hagen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that "Jill the ripper" may have had
ann~marie as part of her name. I used the 5 most commonly known victims in a grid, and looked for the most common letters. I found then that the letters most commonly used were: maryneo, once I had removed the spaces (they counted up untill I removed them). I did not think that this could be the rippers name as neo is a very recent word, and is certainly not even used as a name now, but i believed it to mabe be an annagram. So I arranged it into alphabetical order and began trying combinations od the letters. I found almost instantly the letters: anmery. as midwives were poor min 1888, i believe that she may not have been able to spell her name right. Thus arriving me at the conclusion of: Ann~Marie

Dan Norder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This, of course, presupposes that an illiterate who can't spell her own name right would choose to kill certain people based upon the spellings of their names.

That's just about as likely as assuming Jack was color-blind and picked out his victims based upon the color of their clothes so that they'd form a rainbow when set side by side.

Julie Lambert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How could Jack(JILL) be sure that people with the right combination of letters in their names would present themselves as victims to conveniently spell out the name of their killer?

Jack was obviously a random sex killer whose destruction of the sex organs was a metaphor for intercourse and whose slashing of the face was an attempt to de-humanise the women and literally rob them of their identity.

If people want to know why Jack was never caught they should ponder on how long it took to catch Peter Sutcliffe - at a time when the detective force was a great deal more experienced and had considerably more resources at their disposal.

Random sex killers are notoriously difficult to catch and the fact that Jack remained illusive is no surprise to me.

Sarah
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have mentioned on another post that the names Mary and Ann were common names amongst the victims except Stride, i.e., Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Catherine Eddowes (AKA Mary Ann Kelly) and also Mary Jane Kelly (AKA Mary Ann Kelly).

I don't for one moment suppose this indicates the name of the killer however but I just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

oceanwench
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah, I think it is interesting that anne or variations of that name pops up often. Also, most of the victims had partners named john --which is also the derivative of Jack --- I realize john is such a common name .... yet ... also, they all broke up with their husbands due to drinking ...

I don't buy that he was a sex killer .... or he would have taken them someplace and taken his time.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.