Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Could William Hardiman be Master Jack? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » General Discussion » Could William Hardiman be Master Jack? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 19, 2005Stanley D. Reid50 11-19-05  7:51 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Belindafromhenmans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 1:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stan

Was he in uniform? Was he nervous, or did he appear to have some busines there? Was he cocky? Flat cap? or was he tiptoeing about, like a lost-boy, as if he feared for his life?
What colour was the brick? Did the entrance have any pillars?
5 ft 2 is small. Around age 11-13?
Was there anything in his hand?
Sometimes we get distinct impressions in dreams, almost as if we see a situation in the dream and a type of sixth sense narrates it.
The fact you recall the numbers is extraordinary. :-)
What was the time of year?
You lot stop watching and laughing, I have my reasons.

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector
Username: Sreid

Post Number: 610
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 7:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Belinda,

I'd say no younger than 14. No uniform or hat as I recall. This was about 20 years ago. Rather nonchalant in demeanor. I don't recall any pillars and the brick might have been gray or it might have been stone rather than brick. I don't think there was anything in his hand. It's hard to say what time of year it was except that it didn't appear to be winter.

Stan

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 612
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Regarding the resistance to the idea that JtR could have been a teenager, The A-Z lists one Clarence Simm as a suspect and he was a teen at the time of the murders so I'm not the first suggest that possibility. Simm did not die until 1951.

Best regards,

Stan

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 613
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P.S.

The topic has been brought up before in a generic fashion here on Casebook as well.

Stan

belindafromhenmans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very interesting Stan.
I believe you have had an extraordinary dream! But he isn't the ripper.

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 631
Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I'd dreamed an as yet unknown name, that would have been extraodinary.

Stan

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 710
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

My article in this month's Ripperologist gives a few more details on this topic.

Stan

Andrew Spallek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stan,

I agree with you in not placing any stock in the content of your dream but I am curious about one thing: In your dream, how did you know that this young chap was Jack?

Andy S.

Stanley D. Reid
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Andy,

It was just intuition which may sound silly but it was a dream so logic is out the window.

Stan

Erin
Detective Sergeant
Username: Rapunzel676

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I saw the Ripper drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. . and his hair was perfect.

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 696
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great song, Erin - but wouldn't "Excitable Boy" be more appropriate to the thread ?
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.