Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Devil is My Suspect Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » General Discussion » The Devil is My Suspect « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mystery guest
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello;
Since I became attached to the case, I have been researching every detail and piece of information I could get my hands on. Given the amount of info out there on this case, and the numerous details, it is no surprise that people from all over the globe have come up with many different suspects and motives.People have different standards of reasoning, and different ways of collating data and reproducing it for results.

Anyway, I have looked at every angle and possible piece of info( no matter how small) on the case and have reached a conclusive decision.
I am 99.999999999999% sure that the Whitechapel murderer believed he was the devil, or Satan. The reasons for getting to this stage of decline can only be speculated on. But during these series of murders I am posative he was convinced he was the Devil EATING THESE WHORES UP.
Since I have put alot of research into it, I can only touch briefly on some points.

* I am also 99.9999% sure that the letter titled 'From Hell' was the only letter from the killer. The title alone has been an overlooked issue amongst those who annalyse this letter. It is however the biggest point of the letter.( including the kidney). This indicates he is confessing he is in hell - thus the inference 'from hell'. If he is in hell, than this is where he is working from, with, or as Satan.
I have many other reasons, but I'll just start with this one.

If anyone out there knows offhand of any suspect who may of thought themselves to be the devil, can they assist me please.I am trying desparately to find any link at the moment which would indicate a suspect thought he was working for the devil. Greatful for any help.

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 742
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 2:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frankly I doubt whether this line of research will take us anywhere.

With all your research M-G and all your certainty (how do you work that figure out by the way?) do you not have a suspect of your own?

I too have spent years reading about this case, and far from there being much information (as you imply) we have too little. But in all my reading and thinking about JtR, I have never reached the conclusion you have and I see no evidence that suggests such a conclusion.

In any case how does believing he was the devil differ from any of the other forms of religious mania hypothesised in the past?

Welcome to casebook, M-G

Phil

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 761
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dr. Robert Donston Stephenson is favored by some as a suspect. He was a satanist.

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 744
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But did he think himself to be "the devil", Diana - that is the exam question??

Mike the Mauler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers,

Going with your idea, wouldn't the ripper be convinced he was working for God in his elimination of Satan's minions (whores)? Unless... he was really desperate for souls and speeding up the whole process.

Wait a second. This argument could be used with Geoge Bush! I think we have something here.

Mike

Mystery Guest
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil and Di,

* 2nd point I will touch on. The only other communication I give credence to is the only letter related to the 'From Hell' letter. This was the letter sent to Dr Openshaw. It may have been from the same hand. At the bottom, the killer gives his second underated clue.

" have you seen the DEVIL with his mikerskope a-lookin at a kidney with the slide cocked up."
Lets assume he was not referring to Dr Openshaw as the devil. Then here again ,he makes inference that he is the devil.

I am near 100% certain the the WM had some connection with Satanism. Iether as a paranoid delusion, or a consious decision to do so.
Phil, despite the work I have put in, I don't have alot of interest in the existing suspects.I guess you could say Maybrick was in some sort of induced hell - but I wont even start at the points against him as the WM.

Diana, I have looked into RD. Stephenson. But I only have apathy towards him as a suspect. At the time of the murders he was an alcoholic and sick in hospital. A writer claimed he was just faking it all, and secretly snuck past the nurses at 1.00am to be Jack the Ripper - Yeah, Whatever!
Any other satanist connections you could think of I would greatly appreciate. Thanks for any help.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.