Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Real Jack the Ripper Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » General Discussion » The Real Jack the Ripper « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mystery Solved Case Closed
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One suspct in London England ayt thetime implimentedhimself 3 years ago. No one even accused him of being Jack the Ripper. Why? He was a famous author. So, using his book would could not be used in a court of law. Any of you rocket scientists ever thought of Robert Louis Stevenson. Read Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. And, that was 3 years written before the Jack the Ripper came out. And, compare Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde to Jack the Ripper. Robert Louis Stevenson is the real Jack the Ripper.

David O'Flaherty
Chief Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 990
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Stevenson was sick. Little Kate Eddowes would have slapped him silly. Besides, he wasn't even in England in 1888 (he left for New York in 1887 never to return). During the Whitechapel murders, I do believe he was cruising the Pacific islands.

You ought to pick up a copy of "Jekyll and Hyde Dramatized" by Alexander Chisholm and Professor Martin Danahay, since you're interested in the play as well as its connection to JtR.

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 816
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ja,ja Herr O'Flaherty ! Dis mystery mensch is correct ! Und from New York,Herr Stevenson spritzed across der sky in vun uff mein rockets...committed the madchenmorders,ja...und then spritzed back across der vater und lived there until November,ven he schmoozed his vay on a Hamburg Clipper to ze South Sea Islands...such a schlepper this man vas.

Weiner Von Brown

P.S. Mystery Solved; You have 2/3rds of the Ripper's name right...Not bad.

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 352
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 5:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just know I'm going to be pulled up for this but here goes anyhow.

Have you noticed that in the vast majority of cases when we have someone making ridiculous claims as that made by Mystery etc above, the posting is practically unintelligible?

I mean even if you overlook the ludicrous spelling the whole thing is just garbage.

Is this an example perhaps of the generation who has just achieved record A level passes? (Yes I know this chap isn't English.) Here is a chap who can't be bothered to ensure that anything he does vaguely resembles 'right'.

I look at rubbish like that and really worry for the future.

Bob

PS Feeling a bit liverish this morning

Helge Samuelsen
Inspector
Username: Helge

Post Number: 238
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys, guys, this suspect, that was never suspected, implimentedhimself 3 years ago! What more do you need?

Besides, who is to say that mr Lusk never saw this comming?
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI)

Stan Russo
Inspector
Username: Stan

Post Number: 324
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob,

I have always said, "stupid is easy. intelligent is hard work".

SJR

Stan Russo
Inspector

Post Number: 326
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Helge,

I am speechless, really speechless.

SJR

Helge Samuelsen
Inspector

Post Number: 239
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stan,

And to think no one even considered the blue pills?

You know I'm kidding, right?

Stan Russo
Inspector

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 6:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Helge,

Well now I do, but with some of the people on here, one never knows.

SJR

Helge Samuelsen
Inspector

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, this is madness.. :-)

But seriously. Robert Louis Stevenson probably suffered from mercury poisoning due to some pills he took (a remedy promoted by Dr Benjamin Rush of Edinburgh). This might explain some of his..stranger thoughts. And his illness.

Sometimes I wonder if also certain posters use blue pills. You are right. You never know..

Reminds me of an incident in University a year ago where one of my mates and myself used to talk so ironic at times that we invented hand signs to signify when we where straightforward.

Helge

(Message edited by helge on August 20, 2005)

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 8:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! The guy implimentedhimself. Ive never even done that, though it sounds kinky...

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 443
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't try it Brad !!!

It's a slippery slope from selfimplementation to homicidal madness!
Mags

Helge Samuelsen
Inspector

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried, but couldn't

In other words:

I would, if I could,
but cannot, I know

Brad McGinnis
Inspector

Post Number: 262
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How True Mags! The rode of selfimplimentation is frot with pairal witch mite enkluud noomers spelling airers....Brad

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 834
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brad....

Yo....... I didn't know you were from Philly !? I understood that in one take.

Brad McGinnis
Inspector

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo! No How Im from the western mountains an we gots gud skools hear tu.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this thread is an odd one if i ever saw one,

but funny!
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Ralph McTold
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First the Ripper was Druitt, then Maybrick the fat hypochondriac, then a Werewolf, now R. L. Stevenson, and yes I also worry about the youth today; is it something in the food chain akin to BSE that they'll tell us about in 2030...

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 5:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

I think it's all about the impact one can make with one's first few words in this public forum. A tiny little bit of thought about expressing oneself clearly goes a long way. Unfortunately, 'Mystery Solved' went in the wrong direction entirely with:

One suspct in London England ayt thetime implimentedhimself 3 years ago.

I don't think it's a sign of the 'youth of today' though. More and more young people have the opportunity to turn out well-educated - if they want to be. There is always going to be a certain proportion who 'won't', but there has never been a better time to say "there's no such thing as 'can't'".

Love,

Caz
X

(Message edited by caz on August 22, 2005)

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caroline,

indeed something like that!
Jenni
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.