Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

R D'onstons gravesite found Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Stephenson, Roslyn Donston » R D'onstons gravesite found « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jamie upton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After reading Ivor Edwards book, I emailed him to congradulate him on a well written book "Black Magic Rituals" of Jack the Ripper concerning D'onston. In his book, he speculates that D'onston may have murdered his wife shorly before becoming the ripper but has since emailed me and let me know that D'onstons gravesite was discovered at Islington and Finchley Cemetary, he died of cancer on 9 Oct 1916 at Islington Infirmary. He lived at 129 St Johns Raod, Islington workhouse just prior to death. Anne Dreary, his wife, was not murdered and have since uncovered her death certificate, proving D'onston did not murder his wife as previously believed. Mr Edwards was a very nice man to follow up this line of inquiry after the publication of his book and I highly recommend givng his book a read. Cheers

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 551
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jamie...

You're spot on,as they say in Britain. Mr. Edwards emphasises [ from my point of view, 100 percent correctly ] that if RDS was the Ripper,the motive was not a general "sexual serial killing" but of another entirely different motive.

The previous book on RDS,the True Face of JTR, by the late Melvin Harris,makes the claim that the murders had some deviant sexual motive behind them,despite the absence of intercourse with any of the first four [ and possibly ] the 5th "Canonical 5" victim. Regardless of whether a specific motive can be proven conclusively one way or the other isn't the "point". At least,this book brings to the surface,the possible ritualistic basis for these murders, and bringing up the "ssk' aspect which had been so readily accepted for these murders as fact,when in fact, they are definitely not.

Along with that,there is the contribution by Jeff Bloomfield,a human treasure trove of literary knowledge,on the strange demise of Edmund Gurney,prior to RDS departing from Brighton. Highly recommended.

One other benefit of this book is the chronology or timeline of events in the life of RDS that needed to be in the True Face,but wasn't.

I enjoyed it too,Jamie !
HowBrown

Tee@jtrforums
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 3:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I`m not sure the info on these death certificates of the Anne Deary's in question are correct, and right now it`s getting a little confusing about who is who, as the conflicting places of birth seem to show.

So I`m sure that theres more work to be done on this.

All the best.

Tee.

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 631
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In addition,in case anyone was in the dark about the location of RDS in the cold,cold,ground...RDS was buried beneath another man...at a depth of 11 feet.
HowBrown

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.