Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

SDR and the occult Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Stephenson, Roslyn Donston » SDR and the occult « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maurice Dechamps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 4:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Howard Brown,
I will adress my post to you as I asume that you have SDR as a favoured suspect. I commenced reading of this case some 3 months ago. I am warming towards SDR as a suspect due to his unusual interest in black magic and the occult. I wont overstep the mark too much as I have not read any of the books about him yet, but have found some matters of intersest.
The murders of Polly Nichols,Annie Chapman, Kate Eddow's, and Mary Kelly were ritualistic mutilations - whether JtR had intended them to be or not.This type of mutilation is very rare, and almost impossible to find a serial murderer similar to JtR, and his MO.That is to say it is possible he he did not intend them to look ritualistic, but that is how they just turned out.

However, leaving the world of crime for a moment, I can find several examples of these type of mutilations performed as rituals.They have occured throughout history in tribes, occult organisations and other unsavoury groups.
I am of the oppinion, this killer intended them to look ritualistic anyway. Given the fact that they occured in London however, I am inclined to believe that the person in question, who was probably English, merely new how to perform these rituals through research or travels.Someone who may have dabbled in them, such as SDR.

Unfortunately though, even if these crimes can be identified with the black arts, it doesn't give us the million dollar question , WHY?.
I welcome anyone who could add to this discussion.

Maurice NC

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 575
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 6:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Maurice...

Thanks for starting this thread.

You say above that 4 of the murders in the Whitechapel Murder series were similar to ritualistic mutilations,whether intended to look that way or not.

A lot of people here would disagree,because since there is no definite and tangible evidence on any motive for these murders,that what you say is more or less just an assumption.

Its good,however,to see someone else who leans in the direction of a ritual motive behind the crimes. I've been interested in that angle for a while and if I was conclusively shown that I was wrong...I'd accept it. I just want to see a name put on this monster,regardless of whatever motive was behind it.

I'm not swayed by a pure,out and out, sexual serial killer motive,as Mr. Harris was. I respect his opinion,but I think it goes a little deeper than what he thinks is the base motive, a motive like power and control...or sexual deviancy.

I have a little theory that I am working on,but certain things have to be proven conclusively,before I elaborate on them. What I will say is that I think that there is a possibility that since RDS did have an interest in all the mumbo-jumbo of rituals from Africa and those perhaps practiced by those in The Golden Dawn having the chance of working and being of a personality type that I think bordered on misanthropic [ one thing needed to be proved ], I don't see any difficulty for a character like RDS killing women in the vanity-based hope of curing the possible [ another needed to be proven area ]syphilis, that he felt would kill him eventually [ he did complain some years before his death in 1916 of pain and paralysis,while writing the Patristic Gospels and completing it in 1904 ], but didn't die from syphilis, as we both know. Stephenson,if he did have venereal disease,lived 48 years with the disease. He died of esophagal cancer while residing in an Islington workhouse.

So,by all means,monsieur...place your ideas on the ritual aspects here. Lets toss these ideas around. I know my idea is unproveable,period. But I see some traits in him that appear to indicate that at least some of the ideas I mentioned,some personal and some unoriginal to be sure, may be true.

It gets lonely being the only smart guy in Ripperology around here....and the only one who knows that RDS was the Ripper. Au revoir,mon ami !

The Pompous Ass

How
HowBrown

Maurice Dechamps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Howard Brown,
Thanks for your reply.
It is certainly true that I assume them to be ritualistic.The display of the individuals innards for show purposes is what caught my eye.Taking away organs is nothing new for serial killers - many have done it.But there is one strange thing about his placement of the victims insides.HE DID NOT HAVE TO DO IT.If murder was his motive, he had already done that. But he took the extra time, at risk of being caught,to place the insides next to the victims body.I found this a puzzling anomaly.Whether people may agree or not, this is only done in ritualistic type murders or sacrifices. I think the killer had knowledge of some type of occult or similar group.There are so many throughout the globe though, it is difficult to narrow down which group he was emulating.It could be Africa , as you said.

I see you have a little thoery you are working on. I might have something constructive to contribute to the RDS case. About 6 weeks ago, me and my partener, Yuki, both noticed a Satanic cult symbol on a photograph of Mary Kelly. One posted on this Website.This gave me the impetus to look into RDS - with his occult connection. Both Yuki and myself had seen the symbol with relevence to Satanic occultism.
I could not find any thread on this site devoted to the discussion of this symbol.Has anyone discussed it before?. I realise that some might say any symbol might happen by chance, but we both ran a perfect line of symmetry through the symbol, and both sides match correctly. If you have not seen it before, would you like me to make a posting of it for you to examine? I am trying to locate the exact occult reference I did see it, but it is taking some time.

Maurice NC

Sir Robert Anderson
Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 436
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I realise that some might say any symbol might happen by chance, but we both ran a perfect line of symmetry through the symbol, and both sides match correctly. If you have not seen it before, would you like me to make a posting of it for you to examine? I am trying to locate the exact occult reference I did see it, but it is taking some time. "

I'd be interested in seeing it pointed out, and I'm sure many others would as well, Maurice. Thanks for contributing.
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Maurice Dechamps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Sir Robert,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I am thinking I should make my discovery of this occult symbol on a new thread. Where is the best place to start the thread for discussion about the symbol? Thank You.

Sir Robert Anderson
Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 445
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 1:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maurice - I would defer to Howard, the Master Threader. Question would be whether to put it under RSD or the Kelly photograph.
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 642
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bon jour,Maurice !

If you could, would you please place that item you mentioned on the Mary Kelly photograph thread,since it deals with that victim?

There seemed to be some discussion about a photograph,which Dan Norder and some others were having, that dealt with a strange symbol that looked like a number "28",if I am not mistaken. It will be good to hear what you have to provide on that photograph you have at your disposal.

Sir Robert Bob A.: Thanks for the follow up post to Maurice's. Out of respect to Ivor's wishes,I personally,not that anyone else has to,was avoiding examination of necromantic symbolism for the time being, preferring to continue with this laborious detailing of his life and developing a more realistic perception of the man. Its Stephens' site and thats up to him to engage in that other area,not me. I'm a passenger on the bus like everyone else here...but thanks for the nod,Manhattan Man.

Your pal,

How
HowBrown

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard,

For the record, for that thread you are talking about, one person claimed he saw some numbers. I and several other people said he was fooling himself. It didn't look like actual numbers, it looked like ambiguous blobs of unnaturally small size in some random place in a photo.

I am completely opposed to the concept of trying to "discover" new things in these photos. If there actually was something there to be seen in this instances, other people would have seen it already and, more importantly, the police would have mentioned it.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 651
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Dan !

I knew that my man...I only wanted to direct Maurice to that thread and as it were,I could only remember you for certain being one of the people discussing that blob.

I agree 100 percent that if something WAS there,it would have been detected by now.

Sorry if you got the impression that I may have given, that you endorsed that idea.

HowBrown

Maurice Dechamps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 2:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bon Jour Howard, Sir Robert, and Dan.

Thanks for your responses. I am certainly not going to make any pretentious claims. I am greatful for any input on the case I can get from professionals such as yourself's.
I followed your advice and looked at the thread you mentioned on M. Kelly. The last inspector to post there got it 100% right. They are superficial numbers impressed onto the photo from a separate source. I have seen similar effects before. It looks like a 25 , and 4 or 7.

What I am talking about is completely different. There is no need to strain your eyes too much. The image is not vague at all and has definately not been impressed onto the photo. It was left there in 1888 on M. Kelly. Dan - I honestly cant tell you why the police have not mentioned it or anyone else for that matter. I did try to locate any information on it on this site. I can only say that I think I just chanced it, and by similar chance, the image being relatively small and in an obscure place, It was not picked up.

I ran the line of symmetry through it to convince myself I was not halucinating. It passed the test so I will post it for analysis anyway. I think you will find it more tangible than those numbers and may have some use in determining those responsible for M. Kelly's death anyway.
I will post it in the Mary Kelly section under the colourful title " A Clue left at the crime scene".

Thanks again Maurice. NC.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.