Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Robert Stephenson : A Suspect and His... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Stephenson, Roslyn Donston » Robert Stephenson : A Suspect and His Times. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Folks:

Stephen Ryder has asked me to inaugarate a thread devoted to the study of Robert "Roslyn D'onston" Stephenson which will be a serious attempt to collate all the known facts available on this controversial and plausible suspect.

Time constraints being what they are, what I will try to do is put together a biographical overview of the man based on what Ripperologists know about him,from his birth to the 2004 discoveries by the great Ripperologists, Chris Scott and Ivor Edwards.

A lot of prior attempts to discuss the man have wound up acrimoniously. Hopefully,this thread will be spared pro-con arguments in a serious effort to collate what we have on the man.

If anyone would like to help out with the thread,as there are some RDS adherents with more knowledge of the man than myself, I would be very grateful if you could assist in this undertaking.

So,if you want to assist in this thread, please contact me at www.donston1888@msn.com
...[figures,huh?]

Thanks for your time.

How Brown

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 344
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom:
Thanks. That proves I'm an idiot.

Donston1888@msn.com

If possible folks,may we hold off on posting here,as I have asked Steve Ryder to take off all the posts,except the first one,as I need a couple of days to get my thing together here..

Thanks a lot folks.

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 394
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 8:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In an effort to make researching Stephenson easier for those who wish to participate,I've broken up the areas of study into 4 specific areas.

In this way,material and data from one phase of his life won't overlap into another. It makes it easier to place facts directly to that particular area for an inevitablly more complete view.

A list of questions for future research will be added on a separate thread. These questions and their answers [ or assumptions ] will likewise be placated within their rightful areas.

So far, Nina Thomas has come through ,as always,with some relevant findings. Nina and I welcome all those interested to assist in this new format of researching a suspect or aspect in the WM.

For this reason, and for the time being, if you have some information, [i.e.,the placing of the first four Canonical victims has been discussed on the "Jack was two men,not one," thread within the category of RDS by David Knott.... please send it to me via my e-mail address or through the Casebook p.m. service OR contact Nina through her p.m. system. I will placate it in the appropriate threads and you will be listed as the source of the information. Again,this is a new format that we are going to try and inaugarate that will be more of a scholarly/reference repository than the standard point-counterpoint argument theme that almost all threads and suspects in particular have eventually wound up being. If Dave Knott sees this,hopefully he will re-placate his original post as soon as I set up the thread for RDS-Motives and Patterns

Whether you endorse RDS as a suspect or not isn't the question. This,once more,is for everyone to chip in if they wish to collate all the facts into a more clear timeline than has been available in the past. It will serve in several ways and in my opinion, for three specific reasons.

The first being the myths and/or assumed attributes to Stephenson that have "turned off" some people to researching,much less endorsing as JTR, this man. RDS needs a haircut and he needs it now.

The second is to assist all of those who do endorse RDS as a viable suspect and have been unable to locate materials [such as what Mrs. Thomas has uncovered ] for their work. Removing some of the aforementioned hair from RDS is needed so that one day he may become either completely exonerated or more seriously evaluated for future Ripperologists to research after we have gone.

The third reason is actually one for all of us. It would be a standing tribute to all of those who spent so much time and effort over the years,with countless battles,needless dismissals of ideas,and circular arguments that have plagued so many other threads here and elsewhere on other boards, in books, and just about everywhere.

So,by all means,please feel free to contribute and lets get the ball rolling.

How Brown
Nina Thomas
and you....!

Remember to send your finds and comments and contributions to Donston1888@msn.com

Thanks very much !

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.