Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Lack of blood Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Martha Tabram » Lack of blood « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

TiaPadora
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I am new here, so, please pardon me if I am touching on something that has already been covered.

I just started reading Philip Sugden's book "The complete history of Jack the Ripper". One thing I noticed about Martha Tabram and her death is the following:

Coroner placed her time of death at about 2:30 am. Mahoney family came home at about 1:40, wife left for a minute, they ate supper, and at about 1:50 they went to bed. At this time, there was no body. George Crow comes home at about 3:30 am, sees a body, but doesnt think much of it and goes to bed. John Saunders leaves to go to work and finds the body lying in a pool of blood at about 4:45 am. The question I have: Where is there mention of George Crow's bloody footprints?

This woman was stabbed 39 times throughout the body, especially the neck. If she had been killed at 2:30, there would have already been a pool of blood by the time George Crow came home.

So was she really killed at 2:30 or more closer to 3:30 am and George Crow either missed the killer or is the killer.

Tia

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Tia,

I don't think it is mentioned which floor of the George Yard building George lived on or if he had to walk past Tabby on the way to his room.

Interesting thought that he might have been the killler, but I reckon it was more likely the punting soldier or my preference that it was two people.

Jules

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 7:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Welcome back JULIAN ROSENTHAL!

LEANNE

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Lea, Great to see ya mate.

There's been a name change. Since I've met my mum I've changed my name by deed poll to Nicholas Smith, the name mum called me when I was born.

I'll still post under the name Jules though as that's who everyone knows me as.

Take care love and I'll be in touch. There's stuff we've gotta talk about.

Love
Jules

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.