Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Murray's Magazine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Police Officials » Warren, Sir Charles » Murray's Magazine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian W. Schoeneman
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy all,

I'm trying to find a copy of the Murray's Magazine article that got Warren in hot water with the Home Office.

I've checked everywhere, and I even tried to order it from Rupert Books, but they've not responded to my requests. Anyone have a copy?

Let me know, as it'll help for research for an article I'm writing. Thanks!

B

Stephen P. Ryder
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Brian -

This article was reprinted last year (or thereabouts) in a small pamphlet, "The Police of the Metropolis: Charles Warren".

I'll fire up the scanner and send you some copies...

- Stephen

Brian W. Schoeneman
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen,

You are my absolute hero - I've been looking everywhere for this damn thing. Thanks!!!

B

Stephen P. Ryder
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brian -

No worries. :)

I posted the zip file to the web site so as not to clock your email inbox with a 3MB attachment... you can find it at:

http://www.casebook.org/images/murrays.zip

Enjoy!

This is my user name
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Charles is Jewish correct? I just want to be absolutly sure thats all.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.